Intro to Glytec for certified diabetes educators
Enhance patient safety, improve quality outcomes and decrease costs throughout the continuum of care.
Glucommander™, our FDA-cleared software, delivers personalized insulin dosing recommendations at the point of care, improving patient safety and clinician workflow efficiency while also providing unprecedented visibility into glycemic management performance.
Along with the other modules in our eGlycemic Management System (eGMS), Glucommander helps providers manage patients across the continuum of care. We support intravenous, subcutaneous and outpatient insulin management as well as the transitions between these stages.
Our eGMS has been implemented at nearly 300 hospitals and has been repeatedly proven to:
eGMS helps patients get off the blood sugar roller coaster.
- $7.2 million in savings in the first year at a 610-bed regional medical center2
99.8% reduction in frequency of severe hypoglycemia3
- 3.2 days reduction in average length of stay4
Glucommander: Our algorithm-driven insulin dosing decision support software sits at the core of eGMS. Glucommander is FDA-cleared and approved for use in IV, SubQ and outpatient settings for both adult and pediatric patients.
GlucoSurveillance: eGMS interfaces with laboratory information systems to continuously analyze patient blood glucose values and alert staff about at-risk patients.
GlucoMetrics: eGMS provides insights into organizational glycemic management performance by tracking KPIs like incidence of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, time to target, patient utilization and more.
GlucoView: Providers can use eGMS to view a dashboard of glycemic status indicators for all patients in a unit, helping nurses track last BG test results and current infusion rates and see precisely when the next check is due.
SmartClick: eGMS integrates directly with the EMR to support one-click access, reduce redundant data entry, reduce transcription errors and improve workflow efficiency for providers.
GlyCloud: eGMS is hosted in the cloud, which means it can be installed, configured and updated remotely. Your data is secured at a HIPAA-compliant data center.
Our common goal: the best care for patients with diabetes.
As the pioneer in data-driven glycemic management software, our mission is to improve the lives of patients managing glycemic issues, and those who administer their care, by optimizing insulin therapy.
At Glytec, we share your passion for changing the insulin management status quo. We know that advocating for better care for your patients can be challenging, and we’re committed to helping you be a champion for change at your hospital.
We can provide guidance for winning buy-in, evidence for your presentations, referrals to existing Glytec customers and support with the purchase and post-purchase processes.
- Comparative Effectiveness of a Computerized Algorithm Versus a Physician Instituted Protocol to Manage Insulin Infusions After Cardiac Surgery. Clinical Medicine & Research, Apr 2014.
- Safely Converting From Sliding Scale to Basal Bolus Insulin Across an Entire Medical Center via Implementation of the eGlycemic Management System. American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions, June 2017.
- Risk of Hypoglycemia During Insulin Infusion Directed by Paper Protocol Versus Electronic Glycemic Management System in Critically Ill Patients at a Large Academic Medical Center. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, Jan 2018.
- Safely Converting an Entire Academic Medical Center From Sliding Scale to Basal Bolus Insulin via Implementation of the eGlycemic Management System. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, Jan 2018.