If you have strong technical acumen plus excellent project management skills and a natural ability to interact with clients, we encourage you to apply for the Technical Project Lead position with Glytec. We are a fast-growing healthcare solutions company conveniently located in the Greater Boston area. Our offices are newly renovated with an onsite gym, cafe and free ample parking. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, free beverages, and a very inviting environment where staff regularly gather for brown-bag lunches on a purely social basis.
This position will be considered a technical lead role, in which the individual will lead and coordinate all technical activities for our implementations and serve as the senior technical representative for a project. The Technical Project Lead will serve as the delivery resource for customer engagements, ensuring deliverables are of the highest quality to promote client satisfaction with proven ability to work with and provide technical leadership to the internal and customer development team, stakeholders and vendors to deploy the Glytec solutions.
Our company is the pioneer of digital therapeutics and the industry's leader in insulin optimization technologies and services. We are improving the lives of people with diabetes across the healthcare continuum! As an Integrations Analyst, you will collaborate with multiple departments and team members throughout the company.
- Perform functional and technical requirements gathering for integration solutions and draft comprehensive integration specifications.
- Initiate and facilitate client meetings as needed to advance project goals for integration solutions.
- Coordinate and facilitate testing of integration solutions (including data validation) with clients and third-party vendors.
- Collaborate with Glytec Project Manager and clinical leads. Delegate tasks and coordinate deliverables across internal teams as required to meet project requirements.
- Monitor progress and track details using Smartsheet, JIRA, Confluence and other technologies.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to troubleshoot and resolve problems as may arise.
- Manage the resolution of outstanding issues before and after project go-live events.
- Liaise with clients and internal stakeholders regarding enhancement requests.
- Maintain, publish and disseminate technical reference manual and other integration solutions documentation.
- Complete regulatory-related documentation and sign-offs as needed for compliance with quality assurance and FDA requirements.
- May act as Technical Project Manager if/as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, information systems or related discipline.
- Three or more years' professional work experience in an IT organization (development, project management or client services).
- Keen understanding of health information systems (e.g., electronic medical record systems; laboratory information systems; admission, discharge and transfer systems, charting systems, etc.).
- Experience with (or knowledge of) HL7 standards.
- Experience with SQL, XML and JSON files, data analysis and database methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Internet/Intranet and networking concepts.
- Ability to conduct technical training and write technical documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and technologies such as Smartsheet, JIRA and Confluence.
- Excellent client-facing interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to cultivate rapport and facilitate communication with project leaders.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills, with significant attention to detail. Proven ability to function independently, take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Previous or current employment with a health information technology company, medical device company, hospital, health system or other healthcare organization.
- Knowledge of computer programming.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with (or knowledge of) Web Services API (RESTful) and interface engines (e.g., Cloverleaf, Ensemble, Mirth).
- Knowledge of healthcare and health information exchange (HIE) standards and best practices.
- Experience with deployment of enterprise software solutions in healthcare settings.
- Work in Waltham, Massachusetts office.
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% (to client and partner sites) once it is deemed safe to travel.
- Some work on nights and weekends may be required to achieve the goals of the department and company.
- Must be able to manage responsibilities within distributed, matrix organization (many fellow employees work remotely or in different office locations).
Job Type: Full-time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.