Senior Development Infrastructure Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure Engineering
LOCATION: Waltham, MA preferred, Greenville or Remote
The Senior Development Infrastructure Engineer is a software engineer who focuses on scalable delivery of code/config to production. The individual is talented at cross team collaboration and can juggle multiple technical requirements. As a cloud expert, the individual is aware of the diverse set of tools and technologies on the market and can explain the relative pros/cons of certain technologies. This individual is passionate about automation and can demonstrate system design skills as it relates to automation pipelines.
- Responsible for understanding and reasoning about Glytec’s existing and planned CI/CD pipelines, including the technologies at play such as Jenkins, BitBucket, Docker, and Azure pipelines.
- Responsible for making changes to pipelines and understanding how they impact how code is checked-in, merged, compiled, marked for release, automatically tested, and deployed to servers.
- Responsible for becoming familiar with Glytec’s SDLC and the unique ways in which we develop software, both the Agile ceremonies and coding standards as well as the broader regulated environment that Glytec operates in.
- Responsible for creating diagrams and designs that explain technical solutions so that teams can reference a single set of documentation for Glytec’s CI/CD pipelines.
- Responsible for proposing, explaining, comparing, and documenting new products and tools which we can use in our CI/CD piplines.
- Responsible for writing code and testing changes in our pipelines.
- Responsible to help out our broader team by teaching team members who are less familiar with the nuances of CI/CD and cloud development standard practices.
- Responsible for using JIRA, Confluence, and other tools for keeping track of your progress and providing visibility to team members.
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience in an Agile team environment helping build and maintain software pipelines.
- Experience with popular CI/CD pipeline tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, or similar.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell, Bash, and others.
- Experience with cloud software development on Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- Experience helping mentor and guide other engineers.
- Experience in a core programming language such as C# .NET, Java, Python, PHP, or similar.
- Experience with Azure CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise with Docker, Kubernetes, and container management.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with monitoring and log management such as DataDog.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Occasional Travel may be required.
- Being a part of an on-call rotation is required, including during specific nights and weekends, to achieve the quality/uptime goals of the department and the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.