Quality Data Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Quality Initiatives
LOCATION: Waltham, MA
Glytec is the insulin management software company for healthcare providers focused on improving the quality and cost of care. Its FDA-cleared titration software and proprietary algorithms power the only solution capable of delivering personalized diabetes treatment recommendations across the continuum of care, from hospital to home. With ongoing support from its team of doctors, nurses and technologists headquartered outside of Boston, Glytec improves outcomes and controls costs for the large population of patients requiring insulin treatment – including those with and without a diagnosis of diabetes.
As a Quality Data Analyst for Glytec, you will work with complex and varied clinical and financial data sets from hospitals and health systems throughout the country. Critical and conceptual thinking are equally essential. The role supports both pre-sale and post-sale projects involving our patented and proprietary eGlycemic Management System®. This pioneering technology is a cloud-hosted, software-as-a-medical-device solution proven to reduce safety risks and costs of care for people with diabetes by enabling best practices in glucose control and medication optimization.
- Partner with Director of Quality Improvement to manage, monitor and respond to analytics requests.
- Collaborate with members of Quality Initiatives team and/or client organizations to develop data-related content assets (reports, visualizations, abstracts, etc.) for quality improvement projects, case studies and clinical research.
- Formulate input and output specifications. Identify internal and/or external data sources to satisfy requirements.
- Provide counsel to internal customers regarding available and appropriate options.
- Gather, organize, interpret and translate data into meaningful, actionable information and insights.
- Establish and/or leverage standardized auditing mechanisms to validate data trends.
- Maintain and optimize client-facing dashboards for tracking and trending of outcome and process measures.
- Collaborate with Data Integrations team regarding data warehouse modeling requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field.
- Two or more years’ analytics experience working with large, multivariate data sets.
- Skilled in querying, report building and visualization techniques.
- Highly proficient with business intelligence software such as Qlik, Tableau, Domo, SAS, Sisense or the like; also project management software such as Smartsheet, Trello, Basecamp, Microsoft Project or the like.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong critical and conceptual thinking and problem solving skills.
- Master’s degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field.
- Clinical education or degree in nursing, nutrition, pharmacy or life sciences.
- Previous or current employment with a hospital, health system, health information technology company, medical device company or pharmaceutical company.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with EMR/EHR, charting, lab, ADT and other systems common to hospitals and health systems.
Reasons to Join Us:
- Be a part of a small, fun and fast-growing team.
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement.
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits.
- Work in Waltham, MA office
- Minimal travel.
- Some nights and weekends may be required to achieve goals of department and company.
- Must be able to manage responsibilities within distributed, matrix organization serving internal and external constituents (many fellow employees work remotely).
NOTE: All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.