Glytec is the insulin management software company for healthcare providers focused on improving the quality and cost of care. Its FDA-cleared titration software and proprietary algorithms power the only solution capable of delivering personalized diabetes treatment recommendations across the continuum of care, from hospital to home. With ongoing support from its team of doctors, nurses, and technologists headquartered outside of Boston, Glytec improves outcomes and controls costs for the large population of patients requiring insulin treatment – including those with and without a diagnosis of diabetes.
Reporting to the Director of Integration Engineering, the Integration Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and deploying API integrations and HL7 interfaces between healthcare systems and Glytec products. The Integration Engineer will be required to perform custom/site-specific tasks and will also provide support for the technical implementation of the Glytec solutions and related products. The engineer’s work must satisfy project specifications and be delivered and deployed in line with project requirements.
This individual must be available to travel to visit client sites (e.g. hospitals) and implementation partners for technical support and/or to provide technical training. International travel may be required.
- Design and develop innovative software integration solutions that solve tough challenges in the Healthcare industry
- Develop or refine API integrations (i.e. REST, Web Services) and HL7 interfaces
- Use Mirth integration engine to translate, transform, and archive HL7 messages
- Participate in both functional and technical requirements gathering for the integration solutions
- Configure and test inbound and outbound healthcare HL7 interfaces between the customer systems and the Glytec products utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) of the integration solutions with the customer representatives
- Provide technical support for other customizations and customer requirements such as reports, extracts, data migrations, product upgrades, and conversions.
- Manage the resolution of any outstanding acceptance issues before and after a project’s go-live
- The report, track and document product-related defects for review by quality assurance/development
- Complete technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles, technical requirements, and functional specifications as needed during the customer installation
- Participate in the 24-hour extended support on-call schedule
- Technical Ability: Demonstrates facility with software development, programming, and/or applications; enjoys working with and analyzing complex data and developing software solutions
- Innovative Problem Solving: Ability to solve difficult problems; develops creative solutions; the ability to identify key issues/problems through analysis and questions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships
- Interpersonal Social Skills: Adapts approach to be effective working with different people; is comfortable interacting with people who are more senior or more experienced than them; is friendly, personable, and engaging
- Efficiency and Attention to Detail: Committed to tasks while adhering to timelines; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness, and accuracy
- Independence/Self-Confidence: Figures things out independently in ambiguous or unstructured situations; runs with ideas/initiatives without needing direction or supervision; is comfortable with taking risks going into a novel situation; directly addresses or raises issues of concern to him/her
- University degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in client-focused interaction
- Experience with Interface engines (e.g. Mirth) and healthcare systems
- Experience with HL7 programming
- Experience with SQL, XML, and JSON files, data analysis, and database methodologies
- Proven ability to code and deliver results as required within specific time frames
- Good presentation and communication skills both in-person and remote
- Ability to design and write technical documents
- Comfortable working knowledge of Internet / Intranet concepts
- Ability to conduct training and develop training materials
- Availability for work outside of office hours and willingness to travel
- Passion for learning new technologies and applications
- Knowledge of Health Information Exchange (HIE) standards and best practices
- API: Web services (REST)
- Knowledge of healthcare standards and best practices
Job Type: Full-time
Glytec is operating at 100% remote during COVID-19 as a precaution.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.