DEPARTMENT: TechOps and Integration
LOCATION: Waltham, MA preferred, Greenville or Remote
Reporting to the Director of Integration Engineering, the Integration Engineer is responsible for implementing, deploying and configuring integrations/interfaces between healthcare systems and Glytec products. The Integration Engineer will be required to perform custom/site specific tasks and will also provide support for the technical implementation of the Glytec solutions and related products. The engineer’s work must satisfy project specifications and be delivered and deployed in line with project requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in both functional and technical requirements gathering for the integration solutions
- Configure and test inbound and outbound healthcare HL7 interfaces between the customer systems and the Glytec products utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Configure and test inbound and outbound API interfaces between the customer systems and the Glytec products utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) of the integration solutions with the customer representatives
- Provide technical support for other customizations and customer requirements such as reports, extracts, data migrations, product upgrades and conversions.
- Manage the resolution of any outstanding acceptance issues before and after a project’s go-live
- Report, track and document product related defects for review by quality assurance/development
- Complete technical documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledge-base articles, technical requirements and functional specifications as needed during the customer installation
- Participate in the 24-hour extended support on-call schedule
- Technical Ability: Demonstrates facility with software development, programming, and/or applications; enjoys working with and analyzing complex data and developing software solutions
- Innovative Problem Solving: Ability to solve difficult problems; develops creative solutions; the ability to identify key issues/problems through analysis and questions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships
- Interpersonal Social Skills: Adapts approach to be effective working with different people; is comfortable interacting with people who are more senior or more experienced than them; is friendly, personable and engaging
- Efficiency and Attention to Detail: Committed to tasks while adhering to timeline; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy
- Independence/Self-Confidence: Figures things out independently in ambiguous or unstructured situations; runs with ideas/initiatives without needing direction or supervision; is comfortable with taking risks going into a novel situation; directly addresses or raises issues of concern to him/her
- Experience in client-focused interaction
- Experience with Interface engines (e.g. Mirth) and healthcare systems
- Experience with HL7 programming
- Experience with SQL, XML and JSON files, data analysis and database methodologies
- Proven ability to code and deliver results as required within specific time frames
- Good presentation and communication skills both in person and remote
- Ability to design and write technical documents
- Comfortable working knowledge of Internet / Intranet concepts
- Ability to conduct training and develop training materials
- Availability for work outside of office hours and willingness to travel
- Passion for learning new technologies and applications
- Knowledge of Health Information Exchange (HIE) standards and best practices
- API: Web services (REST)
- Knowledge of healthcare standards and best practices
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Travel is rare but required. This individual must be available to travel to visit client sites (e.g. hospitals) and implementation partners for technical support and/or to provide technical training as needed. Additional travel to Glytec sites may be needed periodically.
- Nights and weekends may be required to achieve the goals of the department and the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.