The Director of Quality Engineering is a dynamic, curious, and intentional individual who has a track record of driving change within an engineering team. The individual will work with the Product Management, Product Operations, and Customer Support teams to strategize and oversee the quality delivery of our products to our customers. The individual will effectively manage and coordinate team members toward effective quality assurance activities that embed a mindfulness towards quality in our processes, software, and behaviors.
The Director of Quality Engineering will:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a quality management system to achieve the necessary quality and regulatory compliance unique to our company and our SaMD (Software as a Medical Device) product.
- Responsible for helping investigate and respond to customer complaints and quality issues.
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of a software engineer in test team.
- Responsible for modeling a culture of empathy for our users and a strong commitment to transparency.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring standard operating procedures (SOP’s) related to our product’s quality.
- Responsible for developing and measuring appropriate reports and metrics consistent with ensuring high quality in our products.
- Responsible for developing a long-term Quality Engineering Roadmap that integrates with our overall Product roadmap.
- 10+ years of relevant quality engineering experience in an Agile team
- Experience managing, supervising, and mentoring engineers
- Excellent communicator: able to guide, instruct, and inspire team members across teams
- Highly proficient in JIRA as well as Agile/Scrum SDLC processes
- Deep technical knowledge of testing theory, practices, tools, and technologies
- Experience driving change in processes across multiple teams
- Experience using quality engineering metrics/KPIs
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience implementing quality controls within the context of a SaMD (Software as a Medical Device) product
- Experience transitioning from a manual testing culture to an automation culture
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience writing automation tests using web automation frameworks such as Selenium
- Experience developing software in Java, PHP, C# .NET, or on mobile platforms such as iOS/Android (Ionic, Swift, React Native, Java, or similar)
- Experience working with load testing and performance testing frameworks such as JMeter
- Occasional Travel may be required.
- Nights and weekends may be required to achieve the goals of the department and the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.