The Diabetes Clinical Pharmacist serves as a subject matter expert on Glucommander optimization, as well as current diabetes best practices. They will lead organizations in developing and maintaining standards of care for Glucommander use across the continuum of care. Primary engagement will be focused on clinical practice change for clients deploying, supporting providers and pharmacists, and optimizing the use of Glucommander. Additional roles for this position will include but are not limited to engaging in select marketing opportunities, planning and publishing clinical results, developing and conducting educational programs, and participating in various internal and client meetings.
This role will report to the Executive Director of Clinical Practice and serve in the current Clinical Practice department. It is a distinctly different role than the Diabetes Nurse Specialist (DNS) at Glytec, with overlap with the Diabetes Nurse Practitioner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Client Development and Support
- Subject matter expert who will be supporting the work for establishing a baseline assessment of a new or expansion site’s current policies, protocols, procedures, workflows, and order sets for diabetes care related to Glucommander workflows, adhering to standards of care.
- Develop strategic plans to optimize Glucommander usage to meet client glycemic goals and best practices/standards of care.
- Stay abreast of current standards of care and maintain and develop Glytec’s Best Practice Statements to help internal support of clients and educate clients.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports reflecting the assessment findings, identified gaps, and strategies for success. These reports will be shared with client key stakeholders.
- Serve as onsite consultant to assist providers and pharmacists transitioning patients to Glucommander during GoLive
- Serve as a client consultant to assist providers and pharmacists in optimally managing patients on Glytec’s eGlycemic Management System, both remotely and on site as needed
- Perform in depth case reviews to assist in optimization and assess client utilization of Glytec’s eGlycemic Management System
- Contribute to the design, delivery and maintenance of pharmacy and provider educational programs for clients
- Collaborate with members of the clinical team, data analytics and customer success/key accounts to analyze trends of adoption, results, and increase utilization of the eGMS across key clients.
- Provides training to new users of GlucoMetrics.
- Participate in Glycemic Management Committees for selected clients.
- Help pursue a culture of openness and teamwork for each client
- Clinical Support
- Participate in clinical team meetings as needed to bring key information and feedback from the field.
- Proficiency in the application of technology to improve glycemic management outcomes
- Collaborate on research and publications
- Serve as key subject matter expert to inform Glucommander educational resources, delivery and optimization strategies.
- Management Meeting
- Participate in project steering committees as invited and appropriate
- Participate in client advisory meetings and SAB meetings
- Member of Clinical Review Committee
- Participates in on-call rotation for 24/7 client clinical support
- Key goals and functions will adapt and align with the objectives of the Clinical Practice Team
- Internal Committee attendance and support may include, but not limited to
- Monthly CRC monthly
- Weekly Clinical practice
- Customer team meetings
- The applicant must possess a Pharm.D. degree from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy
- The applicant must have active state license
- The applicant must have completed an ASHP accredited PGY1 residency
- National certification in diabetes as a CDCES or BC-ADM is highly desirable.
- General medical knowledge with specific and detailed knowledge of pathophysiology and pharmacologic treatment of diabetes
- The applicant must have 3-5 years of clinical experience as an inpatient clinical pharmacist or combined experience with inpatient diabetes clinical care. Outpatient diabetes experience will be considered.
- 2-3 years of clinical leadership experience managing and leading complex clinical practices in a collaborative approach is a plus
- Previous experiences with diabetes technology and/or software is a plus
- Previous experience in a leadership or quality improvement role is a plus
- Previous experience in participating or designing research is a plus
- Previous experience in leading diabetes educational sessions is a plus
- Previous experience in building and designing order sets for in hospital use is a plus
- PGY 2 specialty in clinical critical care is a plus
- Positive attitude with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently in a remote office
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and manage fast-paced environment at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
- Experience and ease in presenting to and interacting with a broad range of audiences including: nurses, nursing leadership, physicians, pharmacists and ancillary staff
- Formulate client solutions based on feasibility and a strong understanding of Glytec’s eGlycemic Management System.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Experience with presenting and analyzing outcomes data.
- Good business ethics and common sense skills.
- Must have the ability to travel during the week and occasionally on weekends. 50% or greater travel may be required.
- Nights and weekends may be required to achieve the goals of the department and the company.
- As the company grows, this role and service provided will be evaluated for function and growth needs.
Glytec is operating at 100% remote during COVID-19 as a precaution.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.