Essential Job Functions:
- DB Administration - Installation, configuration, and maintenance of SQL Server in a standalone or AlwaysOn configuration.
- Assist database design, implementation, transaction processing, referential integrity, performance tuning, and monitoring database engine and servers.
- Support and maintain high availability solutions such as fail-over cluster and AlwaysOn instances.
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development and analytical teams.
- Database Development – Assist with reporting and data warehouse development as requested.
- Assist and provide knowledge to any party requesting database or data warehouse analysis.
- Assist efforts to manage and govern data to ensure quality.
- Work with developers to write or troubleshoot TSQL for DDL and DML statements.
- Integration Team – Assist with data and integration services goals as requested.
- Maintain documentation and standards.
- Work as part of a team to provide 24/7 data and integration support.
- Assist with analysis and resolution of any issue pertaining to data or integration impacting internal or external users.
- Promote a positive work environment and be open to mentoring others.
Confirm that you meet the following requirements for the Database Administrator position:
Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, or Information Systems Management and experience in database design and database management or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficiency administering and using Microsoft SQL Server to facilitate corporate goals.
- Relevant work experience directly related to database administration.
- Experiencing using SSIS, SSRS/PowerBI, and other similar tools needed to facilitate required work.
- Advanced level SQL Server knowledge
- Intermediate level T-SQL development knowledge
- MS Server Operating Systems
- Advanced knowledge of computing and information technology
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL Server BI stack (SSIS, SSRS/Power BI, SSAS)
- Basic knowledge of Powershell
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Experience with industry-leading BI products a plus (i.e., QlikView, Tableau, Cognos)
- Experience administrating databases on other RDBMS platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL a plus
- Technical Ability: Demonstrates facility with software development, programming, and/or applications; enjoys working with and analyzing complex data and developing software
- Innovative Problem Solving: Ability to solve difficult problems; develops creative solutions; the ability to identify key issues/problems through analysis and questions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships.
- Interpersonal Social Skills: Adapts approach to be effective working with different people; is comfortable interacting with people who are more senior or more experienced than them; is friendly, personable and engaging.
- Efficiency and Attention to Detail: Committed to tasks while adhering to timeline; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and
- Independence/Self-Confidence: Figures things out independently in ambiguous or unstructured situations; runs with ideas/initiatives without needing direction or supervision; is comfortable with taking risks going into a novel situation; directly addresses or raises issues of concern to him/her.
- Travel may be required.
- Nights and weekends may be required to achieve the goals of the department and the company.
- Schedule based On Call Coverage is required.
Reasons to Join Us
- Be a part of a small and fast-growing team
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.