If you have a strong customer support background in the healthcare technology space, we encourage you to apply for the Customer Support Engineer position at Glytec. This position works with hospitals and health systems throughout the country to support our proprietary eGlycemic Management System® (eGMS®), a platform for delivering personalized diabetes therapy management and insulin optimization on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
As the Customer Support Engineer, you will take ownership of client support needs, enable clients to deliver patient treatment, and provide a forum for client feedback to be shared to the broader Glytec team. Reporting to the Director of Customer Support, this individual will play a key part in defining and building the Customer Support team at Glytec with the aim to drive customer satisfaction for Glytec across health systems nationwide.
- Manage resolution of ongoing technical issues and clearly document their progress.
- Triage problems as they arise and route them to others when appropriate. Ensure proper escalation of issues both internally and externally.
- Provide technical support for client needs, such as customizations, reports, extracts, data migrations, fixes, patches, updates, change requests and conversions.
- Report, track, and document product-related requests for review by quality assurance and development teams.
- Prepare technical documentation, such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledgebase articles, and functional specifications.
- Collaborate with Customer Success team on client status, issues and key objectives.
- Maintain strong product knowledge including details across technical, integration and clinical domains to effectively support client issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation for 24/7 client support.
- Assist in the development of new customer support processes - including, but not limited to, on-call scheduling, support ticket routing, and issue tracking.
- Understand and adhere to Quality and Regulatory Affairs (QARA) complaint management procedures.
- Drive adoption of customer support platforms and tools to increase team efficiencies in client issue resolution
- Update Confluence/Wikis on a continuous basis with customer support team processes.
- Track and maintain inventory of customer version, configurations, and key learnings in customer CRM.
- Coordinate and complete client product change requests (RCCs).
- In conjunction with Customer Success team, complete customer upgrades to ensure use of latest functionality and Glucommander version in conjunction with contractual oblications.
- Work with third party answering service to resolve client issues.
- You know when it’s time to roll up your sleeves to get things done and when to leverage technology to drive and automate process.
- You’re an attentive listener who can empathize with people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- You’re comfortable using multi-channel communication internally and with customers, including but not limited to phone and email.
- You're not afraid to ask for help.
- You’ll advocate for the right decision on behalf of customers.
- You have a problem solving mentality.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technology field preferred
- Prior academic excellence or professional success
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience in client-focused interaction
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, time management and organizational skills, with significant attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally and precisely, verbally and in writing with variety of internal and external constituents, including clients, partners and employees at all levels
- Experience with health information systems (e.g., electronic medical record systems; laboratory information systems; admission, discharge and transfer systems, charting systems, etc.)
- Experience with SQL, data analysis and database methodologies
- Experience with interface engines (e.g., Ensembl, Mirth, Iguana)
- Previous or current employment with a health information technology company, medical device company, hospital, health system or other healthcare organization
Reasons to Join Us
- Be a part of a small and fast-growing team
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits
- Work in Waltham, Massachusetts office
- 5-10% travel dependent on project schedules and visits to Glytec offices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.