Business Intelligence Analyst
LOCATION: Waltham, MA
Glytec is the insulin management software company for healthcare providers focused on improving the quality and cost of care. Its FDA-cleared titration software and proprietary algorithms power the only solution capable of delivering personalized diabetes treatment recommendations across the continuum of care, from hospital to home. With ongoing support from its team of doctors, nurses and technologists headquartered outside of Boston, Glytec improves outcomes and controls costs for the large population of patients requiring insulin treatment – including those with and without a diagnosis of diabetes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with the Quality Initiative team and/or clients to develop and execute reports to gather and analyze quality improvement and/or product safety and efficacy studies.
- Use appropriate and available reporting tools to gather, organize, interpret, and translate data into meaningful actionable information.
- Establish and/or leverage standardized auditing mechanisms to validate trending reports.
- Maintain up to date client-facing dashboards to allow for tracking and trending outcome and process measures based upon clinical best practice standards.
- Collaborate with the Data team regarding data warehouse modeling requirements to support reporting needs.
- Actively support Quality Initiative projects.
- Provide consultation to internal stakeholders regarding available and appropriate reporting options to meet client requests.
- Manage requests and dissemination of reports from internal and external customers.
- Partner with Quality Improvement Director to manage analytics request.
- Abstract and analyze large datasets (millions to billions of rows) from the data warehouse and databases.
- Strong communication skills – ability to listen attentively and engage actively to obtain a full understanding of the requests and desired state to ensure output meets requirements
- Ability to understand the business model and plotting KPI’s to assist in making successful decisions
- Innovative and conceptual thinking – capacity to synthesize facts, requests, issues to identify patterns and develop innovative means of addressing needs
- Problem solver – ability to identify problems, define causes, and develop/implement timely solutions.
- Strong teamwork – collaborates well with direct and cross-functional team members.
- 2+ years of experience in clinical-based business intelligence and analytics role
- Advanced knowledge of clinical information systems
- Advanced understanding and interpretation of SQL
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience with data warehouse environments
- Knowledge of BI technologies and tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau)
- Clinical report writing, visualization, and interpretation for end-users
- Proficiency in building and managing a project plan
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Business Intelligence or related field required, Master’s preferred
Reasons to Join Us
- Be a part of a small and fast-growing team
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits
- Minimal Travel is required.
- Nights and weekends may be required to achieve the goals of the department and the company.
NOTE: All offers of employment are contingent on the results of a background check and drug test.
Glytec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Glytec does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.